2013 AAMES Virtual Midwinter Meeting, Jan. 15, 2013
The AAMES midwinter meeting (virtual) will be held on January 15, 2013, from 10:00 – 12:00 PM (PST).
Name: ACRL AAMES Midwinter Meeting
Start Time: 01/15/2013 10:00 AM PST
Duration: 02:00 hrs.
Access: Anyone who has the URL for the meeting can enter the room
Attendees will need a USB headset (and an Internet connection) to utilize the VoIP feature. We recommend that all attendees have headsets with microphones available, and have a current version of Flash player installed.
Here are few tips for logging in
1. Use Firefox, if possible — Internet Explorer and Chrome seem to have some issues.
2. Make certain you have an updated version of Flash.
3. Only use PDF or PPT files.
4. You will need a headset for VoIP. If you are using a machine with a built-in microphone, you will need to disable the built-in microphone and enable the microphone on your headset (a USB headset is best).
5. Once you enter Adobe Connect (you will sign in as a guest — so no log-in is needed), you will need to click on the speaker and microphone icons to activate — both need to be GREEN.
6. Please allow a few minutes to get in and test your audio, etc. before the start time.
7. To test audio, click on ‘Meeting’ in upper left corner. Choose the audio set-up wizard. Click through every step, making sure the dropdown is set to your USB headset, and click through to the very last screen. IMPORTANT: You must click all the way through the audio wizard in order to save your selections.